I am so excited to introduce my newest Christmas Pattern – Sugar Plum the Fairy Ballerina. One of my childhood Christmas memories is watching the ‘Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy’ in a production of Tchaikovsky’s Ballet - The Nutcracker. She’s even got removable wings and tutu for YOUR little fairy to play dress up too!
100% cotton fabric has been used for making Sugar Plum Fairy and batting was used to firm up the wings. (Calico was used for her skin) Tulle was used for her tutu, felt was used for her hair.
- Body Fabric - 33x55cm wide / 13x22 inches wide
- Christmas Fabric - 13x35cm wide / 5x14 inches wide
- Contrast Fabric - 30x55cm wide / 12x22 inches wide
- Iron on Batting for wings - 20x28cm / 8x11 inches
- Felt for Hair - 23cm / 9 inch square
- Soft Netting/Tulle for tutu - 50x145cm wide / 6x57 inches wide
- 3mm (1/8 inch) ribbon for straps - 150cm / 60 inches
- 5mm (¼ inch) elastic - 20cm (8 inches)
- 2 small pieces of velcro or velcro dots
- Black and pink embroidery thread for face
- Ribbon rosebud or similar adornment (optional but cute)